02 novembre 2006

good not good

i've been observed twice. the first time went great, except that many students came in late, so the only negative comment was "make your students come to class on time." so the second time, i told my students "my big boss is coming to observe me, PLEASE come to class on time next time" and they did, except that they were intimidated and didn't participate. so there, my second observation was a nightmare.

we're going to have new blinds in our office. every faculty member could choose the type of blind and the color they wanted for their office! crazy!

i can get reimbursements for everything i spend for work: conferences, books, journal subscriptions, pens and pencils, etc. i just sent a form for a $550 reimbursement... i like that! oh, and the two proposals that i sent to TESOL have been accepted so i'm going to seattle next march (and going reimbursed for everything!).

i also need to go to spain (i decided i needed to) to work on an article with someone who lives there, so i was asking my chair when i could leave school in the summer and she said i should go during the "reading week" in february. if i play a little with my schedule, i could be in spain for 8-10 days right in the middle of february, when the winter is at its worse! yeah!! this definitely sounds like a cool trip to look foward to!

i got my first back-stabbing on tuesday. i was so disappointed, it was someone that i thought was on my side and said she was, but who then didn't support me at all when in front of other people. that hurt. i've decided to forget about the project we were working on, who cares anyway... i think i was the only one who cared and obviously, no one will miss me. oh well. (i'm not mad, it's one less thing to worry about!)

anyway, spain.

oh, and a short article of mine will appear in essential teacher in march. i can't figure out if this is a peer-reviewed publication, though.

spain.

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Everything seems starting to go well now. Great.

Anonyme a dit…

Spain ! I heard that there are big castles there ...and of course irresistible princes ;-)cloclo

Anonyme a dit…

Barcelona is one of my favourite place in the world... lucky you ! :)
kiara

lucie a dit…

kiara: you'll have to tell me everything!

cloclo: huhuh, i've always been attracted by the hispanic men... err... culture :)

xiaoye: yes... it's still not easy, as you can see, many ups and downs... looking forward to being in my second year ;)