02 décembre 2006

done!!

that's it, the semester's over, i taught my last course yesterday. this feels very good. i must grade papers, now, and meet with tons of students who have different questions, who must tell me about the book they read, who want to convince me to change their grades from an F to an A, who must take a test to be placed in different courses next semester... so, two more weeks on campus and then i'm really done. but not having to teach is a good start!

i had lunch with my chair on thursday. my only complaint was that i felt terribly isolated from the rest of the department because i'm the only one not doing literature. her only complaint was that i spoke too much and "during your first year, it's better to observe and listen"...

who cares. i'm almost on vacation :)

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I envy you. We still have two more weeks to go. Have you sent out the book review to the ESP Journal?

lucie a dit…

xiaoye: but we start very early next year :) no, i haven't sent it yet because i need to write it during the break... i said i'd send it by the middle of january.