07 septembre 2006

day 1

first teaching day today. i was so sick to my stomach this morning, i almost arrived late!

13 students showed up (my roster says 25), 8 of whom are from iran! i hate first weeks, when students come and go and you start building something with the students and then you have new students coming at the end of the second week... so far, the students seem nice.

the schedule is one 50-minute course one day and one 110-minute course another day. so we start at 10:10 for example, and end at 11:00. and today, first day, a b*tch came into my classroom at 10:57 and screamed "my class is starting at 11:00, you know, you need to get out of here!" i said "no, your class starts at 11:10 and my class ends at 11:00." she said she needed time to get her stuff ready and waited right next to me while i was finishing my class. i felt rushed and couldn't even answer my students' questions at the end. how rude. she'd better not do that again!

teaching 2 hours, tomorrow, will be tough. i've never liked that, and we have so much to cover i don't know how i'll do it.

Aucun commentaire: