11 septembre 2006

job

i think that with time, i'll be able to make a difference in this program. i see now some of the limits, some of the restrictions i'll have to work with, but maybe within my department, with the courses that we do teach, at least, i'll be able to change a few things. i am not thinking that my job will be horrible or anything. i'm just disappointed because i realize that the people who hired me had no idea why they hired me (not me in particular, they just didn't know why they needed someone). the people i work with are nice, my office is very confortable, my teaching load really light, the benefits are excellent... and when i think of job offers some of my friends got, i know that i'm very lucky.

however. there's a big however. i want to be in teacher education. that's my specialty, my expertise, my research, my passion. so one day, i'll have to get a new job...

things i must work on:

- article for TQ about my dissertation (due this december)
- book about teacher education (due ?)
- small article for ET about caucuses (due in october)
- state-of-the art article for language teaching (due in march, not even started...)
- and now a book review, haha :) (due in january)

ps. i'll make this blog "private" very soon. so if you want to keep reading it, let me know, at misslulu at rogers dot com except if your name is xiaoye or kiara (you'll get some odd invitation from blogger and hopefully it'll work) ;)

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

it's still not working when i want to comment with my blogger identity... oh well, still enjoying reading you though ! :)
kiara.

lucie a dit…

hi kiara, i've tried to fix the comment thing (you're not the only one who can't comment) but don't know what to do. it's this beta thing, the "new blogger" and i guess they still have some bugs here and there :( glad you're still here though :)